Tuesday, October 27, 2009

through the viewfinder

Yes, this post is about another photography obsession of mine.

Its called Through The Viewfinder (TTV) photography.
I've loved it for awhile now and decided that I wanted to learn how to do it.
TTV photography is pretty self-explanatory. Basically you are taking a picture with a digital camera through the viewfinder of another camera. Get it?
After spending a little too much time on the internet, I finally figured out how it all works and had ordered the Kodak Duaflex II...a necessary component of TTV photography.
It came in the mail last week and I about died of excitement when I saw the package sitting on my front porch! I ripped that thing right out of the package and started taking pictures.
Sure, I know you can use photoshop and make your pictures look like they're real TTV photos (here is a good tutorial)...but the real thing is much more fun.
Here are some of my first shots:

"All that is gold does not glitter,
“How do you pick up the threads of an old life...?



1 comment: