Thursday, September 2, 2010

an adventure that was long overdue.

So I pretty much love camping. There is nothing more relaxing to me than roasting hot dogs and marshmallows around a campfire at dusk and watching the stars come out. I don't go nearly enough. It was very important for me to marry someone that loves camping as much as I do. I'll be honest, I was a little skeptical about Andy...but he has sure proved me wrong.







A number of weekends ago, Andy and I and a couple of friends decided that we were going to go for a quick campout. And even though it wasn't the BEST camping trip I've ever been on (thanks to the mosquito infestation, no bug repellent, no hiking, and no "official" camping site), we still managed to have a good time.

The highlight of the trip was Bloomington Lake.
  
 
Its a beautiful lake surrounded by the mountains and wildflowers. Andy and I went there for the first time a couple of years ago and I swore it was a place that I wanted to visit every single year. Its so cute!


 

All I'd need is a picnic lunch, a blanket, and my swimsuit and I could spend the whole day there. Its a short and easy fourth of a mile walk from the trailhead. If you are ever up in the Bear Lake area, I'd highly recommend it. And the very best part is the rope swing. This year I was brave enough to try it out. I LOVED it! Hopefully we can make it back again soon!



rope swing at bloomington from Kristen Farr on Vimeo.


 

1 comment:

Mom said...

I don't think I would trust that rope!